21 UNDERCOVER WAYS TO IMPROVE SOCIAL SKILLS
And break free of Shyness & Social Anxiety
No email required - how refreshing is that?
S O C I A L S K I L L S S T R A T E G I E S A S U S E D B Y U N D E R C O V E R P O L I C E A N D M O V I E A C T O R S (on the interview circuit)
What You Will Discover in this Resource:
Prepare to discover what is going on beneath the surface of socialising and conversations. Twenty-one quick win techniques & strategies skilled conversationalists and trained pro's, operating undercover and in the public eye, are using to maximum effect.
The first section of this book gives you five strategies to prepare and reprogram your mind for abundant confidence. This may be a succinct guide but these five things are all you need to know to prepare your mind...
- A Pep Talk - Listening to that negative inner voice will drag you down and stop you taking action, discover how to drain it of all its power
- Swish - Remembering humiliating previous social encounters can stop you trying again. Learn how to drain those memories of all emotion
- Reframe - Anxiety feelings before an event can be toxic, this little mind trick can delay, or minimise the onset of anxiety
- Self-Image - No special techniques here, just a big splash of truth to wash away low self-esteem
- Dress-Success - Nothing new in this strategy, but an extremely one for creating a more confident, feel-good state of mind
Section two gives you an eye-opening sneak peak behind the curtains of what people are really saying and thinking. The intel these next four strategies offer will make you a master of the room...
- Who Doesn't Want to be Approached - People are milling around separately and in groups, know which ones to leave alone
- Who is Feeling Defensive - Recognise when the other person does not like, or agree, with what you are saying
- Who is Relaxed - Recognise when someone is at ease, and likely happy for you to approach, or is relaxed in your company
- Who Wants to Leave - Pick up on this subtle cue that the other person wants to leave your company and give them an out
The third section gives you four strategies for getting you from assessing the room to taking decisive action, approaching, and introducing yourself...
- Get Decisive - Learn this little action-taking technique that an entire book was written about, now use it to get you moving and approaching others
- Energy - Use this little technique to trigger higher energy or good feelings when approaching another, or a group (but only if it is needed of course...)
- Eye Contact - You are not alone here, this one is enough to make many people start over-thinking and self-doubting...
- Have you Been Accepted - Knowing this powerful little secret will be invaluable when approaching or talking with others in any environment
Now you have got over the barrier of making first contact, Section four gives you four strategies to conduct an engaging conversation...
- Intro Questions - Use this simple formula to test the waters and kick-start a dialogue
- Who is Anxious - This body language observation will tell you if your conversation partner is anxious for whatever reason
- Rapport - Humans instinctively feel comfortable with people similar to them, this technique allows you to create a sense of familiarity
- Remember Names - There's nothing worse than forgetting a person's name after being introduced, this technique will stand you a lifetime
A shy or anxious person will constantly find themselves talking quietly or mumbling and being asked to speak up, well no more i say...
- Speaking - Understanding why your voice goes quiet and you run out of breath prematurely is half the battle, now lets do something about it...
- Mumbling - Again, understanding the cause of this is half the battle, now discover how to overcome it...
How often do you avoid starting a conversation simply because you don't know HOW to get back out of it? How much more so when the other person doesn't know WHEN to stop talking? The final section then is the closer
- Closing a Conversation - I have read conversation books that advise you to make false excuses to leave. This is very transparent, don't do it. The strategy I give here is the only way to do it without being blunt or rude
- End of the Day Reframe - If it should all go wrong, then do yourself a favour and share this strategy with yourself